Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sardine Factory

I went here with my wife and my 11 month old baby for my wife's birthday last Saturday. I heard great things about this restaurant from Rachel Ray's favorite Calamari puffs and their "famous" Abalone Bisque. I was amazed by the layout of the restaurant. As you enter the restaurant you'll be at the lounge/bar area. The bar will be at your left and the lounge on the other side. It was pretty neat. There's a fire place and the couches look very comfy. Our table is at the conservatory where it's like dining in a garden with a huge glass dome with a naked lady statue in the middle and a huge chandelier above. The ambiance was great. Going to our table, we passed by the Captain's room which is a more formal room, no windows but is very elegant and intimate. Check this link to view the rooms of the reastaurant.

The conservatory room
We did their 3 course prix fixe menu. For my course, I got the Caesar Salad with garlic anchovy dressing, Sand Dabs with creamy risotto, veggies and lemon butter sauce and for dessert I got the Creme Brulee with fresh berries. I loved my food. You know you are in a fancy restaurant when they serve your salad with an ice cold fork. The Sand Dabs were seasoned well and cooked perfectly and the creme brulee was just amazing.



The Salad
Sand Dabs



Creme Brulee



My wife had their famous Abalone Bisque, seared Salmon with garlic mashed potatoes, port demi sauce & hollandaise sauce (it's supposed to come with a filet mignon but since we can't eat meat for now they gave us 2 pieces of salmon). For dessert, she got the Vanilla chocolate Ice cream sundae. Of course we both shared our dishes. The Bisque was okay but we both enjoyed the Salmon. It was tender and very juicy. The sauce was really good. The ice cream was good too but we enjoyed the Creme Brulee more.

Beautiful Salmon dish
Ice cream Sundae
Overall, we had a great time. The food was delicious, the service was great and they were very accomodating especially since we have a stroller and an 11 month old baby that kept on banging the table! :) I definitely recommend this restaurant when you are at Monterey. Take advantage of their specials, especially at the lounge where you can get a two course dinner for $20.

Sardine Factory

701 Wave Street
Monterey, CA 93940-1016
(831) 373-3775

No comments:

Post a Comment