This recipe is super easy to make. I didn't even have to sear the meat. I just placed everything in a baking dish, put it in the oven and 2 1/2 hours later you'll get a tender and caramelized short ribs for dinner. This dish is kinda sweet because of the Kahlua and it's really tasty. Here's how I did it..
What you'll need:
2 pounds of boneless beef short ribs
About 1 cup of Kahlua (coffee liquor)
1/4 cup of water
3 dried bay leaves
1 tbsp. whole peppercorns
1 tbsp. of chopped garlic
Salt and Pepper
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
1. Place the short ribs in a baking dish and make sure they are all layered evenly.
2. Season the meat with salt and pepper on both sides.
3. Add Kahlua until it reaches halfway through the meat. Add water, bay leaves, garlic and peppercorns. Make sure they are evenly distributed.
4. Cover with foil and bake for 2 hours. Flip the meat when you hit an hour and spoon some juices on top of the meat.
5. Increase the heat to 400 degrees. Take the foil out. Spoon some juices on to the meat and let the meat caramelize inside the oven for another 30 minutes.
Enjoy with some steamed rice. I made my dish with some arugula, roasted cumin carrots and shaved raw carrots.