Saturday, May 14, 2011

Cuesa's 11th Annual Spring Breakfast


This morning's spring breakfast is as good as I expected, maybe even better because of a few surprises. I volunteered last year for the same event and enjoyed it. It's a celebration of spring's bountiful offerings. I told myself, I have to do it again. Not only am I surrounded by farmers and foodies, I get to enjoy what spring is all about. What made this year different was that Facebook took over the kitchen. It was a busy kitchen full of young and hip facebook chefs. Also this year, Philz coffee was responsible for the morning caffeine fix. I was lucky enough to chat with Phil and also took a picture with him. I promised him, I will share the video that the academy of art students made about him, it's like a mini documentary of his coffee. The breakfast menu includes scrambled eggs with spinach and mushroom, bacon and spring onion quiche, pork maple sausages, herb potatoes, pancakes, berries, muffins and many more. Check out the pics that I took earlier today!



Phil from Philz coffee

The set up


with the cheese plate

The cheese plate


Fresh rasberries, strawberries and cherries


local honey, almond whipped butter(this is amazing), muffins, etc

Fresh cherries


freshly baked goodness


My plate: scrambled eggs, croissant, almond butter, berries with St. Benoit yogurt, quiche and maple sausages.

Bacon spring onion quiche

What a great way to start the weekend! You can't get any fresher than this. They usually say eat breakfast like a king, I think this is definitely the breakfast of champions! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment