Sunday, February 13, 2011

First Farmer's Market Visit of 2011

So I'm back from my trip to the Philippines. I had a great time with friends and family and also the FOOD. I think I had my fair share of Sisig, Liempo, Bagnets and Crispy Pata. Yup they are all Pork and I have no regrets. Now it's time to see what's new and what's in season here in SF.







It is about 9 in the morning, Saturday, February 12, 2011 and the sun is out. It's a perfect day in the market. First stop Blue bottle coffee. I always have to have one whenever I'm here. It's one of San Francisco's finest coffee. Then I went to check out Dirty Girl together with Chris Consetino who's also shopping during that time! :) Here's what I found. The market is full of oranges, blood oranges, pommelo, fennel, burssel sprouts, green garlic, leeks, carrots, radishes and more carrots.

Romanesco

Delicata Squash

Green garlic - I thought it's green onions too!

Green garlic with Cowgirl's fromage blanc

Bloody oranges

Breakfast radishes

Purple flowers

Oranges

Pomegranates


Pommelo
I had a great time sampling what's in season. The green garlic and the blood orange were great.I also saw Frog Hollow Farms selling their Blood orange cakes. I went to the food stalls and the usual suspects are still there. Namu, Roli Roti, 4505, Hapa Ramen and many more.


The line for Roli Roti

Pork heaven


The Porchetta sandwich

Hapa Ramen's Pork belly

If you haven't been to the SF Ferry Building Farmer's market, here's a list things not to miss:
  1. Blue Bottle Coffee with a Belgian waffle
  2. Watch the cooking demo/samples
  3. Porchetta sandwich from Roli Roti
  4. Hamburger from 4505
  5. Mt. Tam cheese from Cowgirl Creamery
  6. Acme bread
  7. Alfajores from La Cocina
  8. Seasonal sorbet from SCREAM
  9. Bacon sausage from 4505
  10. Dirty Girl Produce

It's always a pleasure coming to the farmer's market especially on a nice day like this. Good food, fresh and organic produce, cooking demos and sampling all adds ups to a great shopping experience. This Farmer's market is truly one of SF's best food spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment