Sunday, April 10, 2011

Spring Market

Spring is here!! I don't know about you but I'm excited with all these spring produce. I went to the Farmer's Market yesterday and I saw many of SF's finest chefs with carts full of Spring's most freshest offerings. From Aziza's executive chef to Chris Consentino. It was a gorgeous day at the Ferry building. I saw a lot of Asparagus, I even saw purple ones, ate my first Kumquat and tasted Marie Simmons Beet Crostini.  I saw a lot of green garlic, torpedos, mini strawberries, artichokes and purple top turnips. Here are some pictures I took from the market. Enjoy and happy cooking! :)

Green garlic


leeks
  

sweet and sour mini oranges
 
Kumquats

 
purple top turnips


Zuckerman's Asparagus


Purple asparagus



red and golden beets


Rapini

Fennel


Beet and tahini crostini from Marie Simmons


No comments:

Post a Comment